We’re excited that you’re considering attending one of our church services!
We understand that checking out a new church can be a little intimidating. We hope this page helps answer some of the questions you may have about your first visit. Please contact us if you have any questions that aren’t answered here. We want your visit to be an enjoyable one.
We’re easy to find! Our church is located at 1301 Oliver Road (Corner of Oliver and Tower) in Monroe, LA
- Sunday morning at 10:30 AM: This Divine Service is a traditional “typical” Lutheran church service that follows a liturgy (order of service). Most songs during the service are sung from the Lutheran Service Book, but others are from different sources. Music is played on the church organ, piano, guitar, and other instruments.
Attending a Church Service
- As you enter our Church, you’ll be greeted by one of Trinity’s members or our Pastor. They’ll be happy to answer your questions, help you find your way, find restrooms, or anything else.
- Our entire order of service is printed in the worship folder, so you don’t have to worry about not knowing what’s going on. It’s very easy to follow along. If you have children with you, they’ll receive a children’s activity page that follows the theme of the service and helps keep them engaged. We also have kid's bags hanging on a rack in the entrance that have all sorts of items to help keep them occupied if they get restless during the service.
- It’s best to arrive a little early before the service begins. This gives you plenty of time to find a seat and read through announcement sheet. You’ll find it inserted in your worship folder, and it details all of the latest happenings at Trinity.
the service begins, open your worship folder and follow along.
Is Child Care Available?
- All children are welcome and encouraged to worship with their families. There is a special time during the service for a Children's Message where children are invited to come forward and receive message just for them. We know that sitting through church with a little one can sometimes be difficult so there is a wiggle room where you can still participate in the service even if your child has the "wiggles." We also have a staffed nursery available for infants to 3 -year-olds. Ask any of the ushers to help guide you to these locations.
What Should I Wear?
- You will see some people in suits and dresses and others in jeans, shorts or other casual attire. In any form, modesty and appropriate attire is appreciated. We are glad you have chosen to worship with us!